Roxy and Knox: The Interview

Roxanne "Roxy" Doucette and Knox Harrington are the hero and heroine of Mistrust, the last book in Kathryn Kelly's Death Dwellers MC Series. They were gracious enough to sit for an interview. Please note: CONTAINS SPOILERS.

Roxanne...do you prefer to be called Roxanne or Roxy?

Roxanne: Roxy.

Knox: That's your only answer. Shouldn't you add anything.

Roxy: Answer what you're asked, Knox. Folks get into trouble when they run their mouths and give up too much information.

Knox: This isn't an interrogation. This is an interview. There's a difference.

Roxy, (rolling her eyes): Says you.

Interviewer: Er, excuse me. Can we get on with it?

Knox: Of course.

Roxy: Sure, sugar. What do you need to know?

Interviewer: Where were you born?

Roxy: NOLA

Knox: NOLA?

Roxy, (glaring at Knox): Would you shut the fuck up and let the woman ask her questions?

Interviewer: Ahem, er, can you explain what NOLA stands for?

Knox: Told you (mumbling)

Roxy scowls at Knox, then focuses on her interviewer: NOLA is short for New Orleans, Louisiana. Don't pronounce my city New OrLEENS. It's New OrLUNS.

Interviewer: Got it. Any siblings?

Roxy: Two brothers. One older, one younger. Cedric and Quinn Doucette.

Knox: Really? I didn't know this. I thought you were an only child.

Roxy: I'm not. They aren't really close to us anymore, so I don't discuss them.

Interviewer: Roxy, your surname is French. Does that mean you have a French heritage?

Roxy: I also have African, English, and Spanish in my ancestry. If you want to get technical, sugar, I'm known as a "Creole de couleur".

Knox: You're also known as drop dead gorgeous, sweetheart.

Roxy: You're such a charmer, Knox. You do know how to flatter a woman.

Knox: Yep. My best quality.

Interviewer: Were you a good student in school, Roxy?

Roxy: The best and very ambitious. As a child, I wanted to be a nurse.

Interviewer: Really? What changed your mind?

Knox: Wait until you hear this.

Roxy, scowling at Knox and flipping him off before looking at the interviewer: The twitch in my twat.

Interviewer: What?

Roxy: I met Kaleb, Bailey's father, and I had no control over what my pussy did when I was around him.

Knox: She gave up her dream for a man. A biker.

Roxy: Fuck off, Knox. I have no regrets. I have my Bailey.

Interviewer, clearing her throat: How did you meet Kaleb?

Knox: Hey, this isn't about their romance. It's about ours.

Roxy: The man's dead and gone, Knox. A memory. You can't be jealous of him.

Knox: You loved him once.

Roxy: I love you now. ::looking at the interviewer again:: I met Kaleb when he was down in New Orleans at a bike rally. Actually, his asshole of a younger brother introduced us. It was that first sight thing between Kaleb and me. He came back to the city several times to woo me.

Knox: So that's how you became a club member.

Roxy: I'm not a damn club member. Women aren't allowed to be members of the Death Dwellers MC.

Knox: From where I sit, women are everywhere. What are they if not members?

Roxy: You're such an argumentative motherfucker. They're club girls and old ladies. Kaleb considered me his old lady, although I never felt as if I fit in.

Knox: Really? You could've fooled me. You seem so comfortable around the club. Like a member would.

Roxy: Are you suggesting I'm lying, motherfucker?

Knox: Certainly not!

Roxy: I didn't think so.

Knox: I just feel as if you aren't revealing the whole truth.

Interviewer: Er...

Roxy: Knox, either shut the fuck up or get the fuck out. Let the woman do her job. ::turning to the interviewer:: Go on, sugar.

Knox: Jesus, Roxanne. Did you learn such foul language from the club?

Roxy: I've been fluent in profanity since the age of seven. How's that, asshole?

Knox, snickering: Sarcasm is a terrible trait.

Roxy: So's stupidity, but I overlook yours.

Knox: You're telling me you still have the same tongue--"

Roxy: You didn't complain about my tongue when I introduced it to your dick, sonofabitch.

Interviewer: Uh, time out. We're going off track here. I have a zillion more questions.

Roxy: See what you're doing, dick donkey? You're frustrating the woman, Knox. Let her do her job. Go on, sugar.

Interviewer: Thank you. Um, how many times have you been married? What's your relationship with your exes? With your mom and your kids?

Roxy: Answer one, I've been married three times. Two, it depends on which ex you're talking about. Three, my mom, my daughters, and me have a great relationship. My son and I not so much.

Interviewer: What is the status of your present relationship (nodding to Knox)

Roxy: Solid.

Knox: That's it? Solid? Shouldn't you say everlasting? Eternal? True?

Roxy: It's all of that, Knox. Solid says it all, to me. You have my heart.

Knox: And you have mine, sweetheart.

Interviewer, looking at her watch: I'm going to have to wrap this up soon. Before that, I'd like to ask Knox a couple of questions.

Knox: Ask away. I'm an open book.

Roxy: Boy, please.

Knox: To you, my love.

Roxy: You better be.

Interviewer: Erm, Knox, Roxy's forty-four-years-old, ten years older than you are. Do you think that will eventually pose a problem in your relationship?

Knox: No. Age is just a number. It's what's inside that counts. It's cliche but it's the truth.

Roxy: Good answer.

Interviewer: What's Roxy's best quality?

Knox: Her no-nonsense attitude. She's tough as nails but vulnerable, too. She's straight forward.

Roxy: I think your best quality is your charm. You're so charismatic, sugar.

Knox, winking at Roxy: I know.

Roxy laughs: And so fucking humble I can barely stand it.

Interviewer, smiling: You must have had a lot of friends growing up, Knox.

Knox: I had a lot of acquaintances, but one best friend. We remain close to this day. I was an only child, so Cameron was, and is, like a brother to me.

Interviewer: You have a son. How did it feel becoming a father for the first time?

Knox: There's no words to describe the joy of holding your child in your arms. I was proud and humbled and immediately in love.

Interviewer: Would you like any more?

Knox: I have four stepchildren and my son. My family is perfect as is.

Roxy: Oh, Knox.

Interviewer: What's the best thing about being with an older woman?

Knox: Hot cougar sex.

Roxy: Your mind would go immediately to my pussy.

Knox:Why shouldn't it? It knows a good thing when it sees it.

Interviewer: Roxy, last question. You're a cancer survivor. What advice do you have for others?

Roxy: Be strong. Have a good rapport with your doctors. Surround yourself with a support system and become a warrior in your own personal battle to kick it. Fuck cancer.

Interviewer: Thank you both for your time. I hope you have a long and happy life together.

Knox: We intend to.

Roxy: Thank you.









Comments

Popular Posts