Opening Lines Author-4-Author Blog Hop








Welcome to the first #Author-4-Author Blog Hop! We're a group of multi-genre authors who support, advise, and encourage each other. If you're interested in joining us, we can be found on Facebook! Every month, we will have a blog hop with a different theme. July's theme is Opening Lines!

The rules are simple.

1.) If you’re a member of the Author-4-Author Group, you’re eligible to participate in our monthly blog hop.This is open to both unpublished and published Author-4-Author members. For those members who don't have a blog, we will share their contributions on the Author-4-Author blog.
2.) Sign up on the linky list below.

3.) The link for the code is below. You can also link to us at http://www.author4author.blogspot.com. Please link back to us either way.
My opening line comes from Inferno, book #1 in my Phoenix Rising Rock Band Series.

 

Blurb:

I’m a rocker with the eyes of the world on me. Waiting for my triumph or my downfall…just waiting.

Most of my life is in my hands. My destiny? That’s another story. My destiny isn’t as debt free.

My band, Phoenix Rising, arrives in Houston to cut a new album. Before we perform our first concert in the city and I choose my groupies of the night, I’m thrust into debauchery. Sleeping with a gorgeous woman twenty years older than me has its perks, especially when her husband orchestrated the encounter and eagerly watches. To me, performing is performing. If a man wants to share his wife, who am I to stop him?

Unfortunately for me, I don’t make a clean getaway as I leave the McCall mansion. Georgie, their sixteen-year-old daughter, is in the midst of her own intrigue, sneaking home in the middle of the night after an evening of drugs and sex with her older brother’s best friend. In her, I see me. She’s lost and drifting. Her hedonistic parents insist she’s old enough to make her own decisions. Instead of time and love, they give her money and things.

I’m a twenty-five-year old international superstar and I know better. I’m cocky and arrogant. I know it so I own it. Somehow, I’ve always bested the fates. I have all to lose—my reputation, my career, and my freedom. Her mother’s jealousy forces my hand and I take Georgie on the tour.

This is our story and our secret relationship and the destruction of my life. You know the adage about secrets?  Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead. Wise words from a wise man. If only I had listened. Secrets have a way of revealing themselves in the harshest way.


Opening Line

It’s been written, that, for the life of the flesh is in the blood…For it is the blood that makes atonement for the soul.





About Kat


Kathryn Kelly is the author of the Death Dwellers MC Series and Phoenix Rising Rock Band Series. For as long as she can remember, she has been a reader and has always loved books. Although she thought about writing her own books, she never thought she would actually do it. It took a dream from her first hero, Christopher "Outlaw" Caldwell and encouragement by her mother and friends before she put pen to paper and wrote Misled. This has been one of the most rewarding and amazing journeys of her life and she owes it all to her readers and fans. In her spare time, (admittedly not much), she likes scotch, champagne, music, and the New Orleans Saints. In reality, she's just a girl next door, a biker babe in her imagination, a mom, and a daughter.


Kat's Social Links

BookGorilla

Facebook

Twitter  @katkelwriter

Amazon Author Page

Pinterest

Google Plus

Goodreads

 

Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list...

Comments

Popular Posts